Skip to content
- TENACIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (दृढ़): firm
Synonyms: tight, strong
He had a tenacious grip on the rope so as to win.
- THREATEN (VERB): (धमकाना): menace
Synonyms: intimidate, browbeat
To threaten someone is something that should be avoided.
- OFFENSIVE (ADJECTIVE): (अपमानजनक): insulting
Synonyms: rude, derogatory
The allegations made are deeply offensive to us.
- CUMULATIVE (ADJECTIVE): (संचयी): increasing
Synonyms: accumulative, growing
The cumulative effect of two years of drought.
- PRESUMPTIVE (ADJECTIVE): (प्रकल्पित): conjectural
Synonyms: speculative, tentative
His was a presumptive diagnosis.
- PRESUMPTUOUS (ADJECTIVE): (अभिमानी): brazen
Synonyms: overconfident, arrogant
If I offer some advice, I hope I won’t be considered presumptuous.
- VETERAN (NOUN): (अनुभवी): old-hand
Synonyms: old-timer, old stager
He is a veteran sitar player.
- STOKE (VERB): (ईधन झोंकना): fuel
Synonyms: mend, add fuel to
He stoked up the barbecue.
- INTROSPECTION (NOUN): (आत्मनिरीक्षण): brooding
Synonyms: self-analysis, soul-searching
Quiet introspection can be very valuable.
- ERECT (VERB): (निर्माण करना): build
Synonyms: construct, put up
The guest house was erected in the eighteenth century.
error: Content is protected !!